International Study Center

Supporting Documents

Supporting Documents for Your Application

You will be asked for some travel and study documents during the application process. These documents will support your application and help your progression to a prestigious degree.

What Documents Do You Need?

These documents are the evidence of your eligibility for the International Year program:

  • Completed application form
  • Proof of your English language proficiency*
  • Passport
  • Certified copy of high school graduation certificate (if available at time of application)
  • Full transcripts of all your relevant academic qualifications:
    • Certified copies of your secondary education transcripts showing the final 3 or 4 years (including 9th grade)
    • A school's seal or principal's signature must appear on the copy
    • Certified, sealed originals are required upon arrival at the University, unless official hard copies are requested during the application process
  • Anything else that will support your application (sports, clubs, hobbies, achievements, etc).

*The Password English language test is free, but must be taken at a Study Group or representative's office. Contact us to find out more.

In the USA Already?

Please also provide:

  • I-20 transfer-in form
  • Copy of your I-94 and visa
  • Copy of visas and I-94 for dependents (spouse and/or children with you in the USA)


All original documents that are not written in English must be accompanied by an official English translation. Your translation needs to be certified by a translation agency.

Sending Your Documents

There are two ways to send your documents:

  • Email your documents as PDF or jpg attachments to the address provided on the application form submission page
  • Use our secure upload link - you’ll receive this by email when you submit your application form.

International Student Visa Application

Once you have been admitted to a program and paid your deposit, Oglethorpe will issue an I-20 from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). With the I-20, you can apply for a visa to study in the USA.

Contact the nearest USA Embassy or Consulate in your country to find out what the procedure is for applying for a student visa. You may need an appointment.

A Unique Education

Oglethorpe's approach to learning means having lots of options to choose from so that you have the best opportunities.

Life on Campus

Oglethorpe campus is home to an inclusive community, where you will receive the attention you need and contribute to the world around you.