International Study Center
Oglethorpe students get involved, support each other, and make a difference. Join our sports, arts, and social clubs, take part in community projects, and look forward to the big-city excitement of Atlanta.
Be part of our long history of traditions. Annual events on the Oglethorpe University campus include the Battle of Bloody Marsh, Petrels of Fire race, and our very own Oglethorpe Day. When you arrive, you’ll celebrate the start of the year at QuadFest – expect music, games, food, and fun.
Everyone gets involved at Oglethorpe, whether you’re playing for one of our 16 sports teams, or cheering them on. You can also join a campus group, including playing in a musical collective, writing for a magazine, or running for student office.
All students are encouraged to take part in community projects that link academic study with real life experience.
Step off campus to experience Atlanta - a large and exciting city known as the ‘Capital of the South.’ A former Olympic host, Atlanta is famous for its civil rights history, and film industry. It’s also a major hub for global corporations, including Coca-Cola and CNN. There’s a shopping complex next to campus, and the city has everything from world-class arts, concerts, and festivals to one of the top restaurant scenes in the country.
Students can live in one of seven residences. All on-campus housing allows students to quickly integrate and make friends. The rooms are furnished, and will be shared with roommates.
The Gables apartments, for sophomores and up, come unfurnished but offer resort-style living.
Oglethorpe has an on-campus Health Center and you should register as a patient when you arrive at university. You will be able to make an appointment to see a doctor or nurse whenever you need to.
At Oglethorpe you will be studying on a private and enclosed campus. Keeping you safe, secured access is given to students, faculty, and staff, and you need a keycard to access the residence halls. Safety officers monitor campus 24 hours a day, seven days a week and there is always someone on call if ever you need assistance.
Everyone gets involved at Oglethorpe; 33% of students play on a sports team, the other 67% cheer them on.